You need a new website.
If you are an individual or small business in need of a website, you have a couple of options:
You can hire a web designer (like me) that offers services within your budget. Above all, small business focused web designers can bring to the table all of the tools that specifically meet your needs.
You can use one of the DIY website builder services like Squarespace or Wix. You can also hire one of the industry-specific website providers that will assist you in developing your website. (Medical – Contracting – Veterinary, etc.)
DIY Website Builders
DIY website builders offer a drag-and-drop interface that allows you to build your own website without the need to know any coding. They package the use of their services with hosting and charge you a monthly fee based on the package you choose. If you decide to go DIY, you’ll need to dive in and get your hands dirty. However, with some effort, you can end up with a great website that you built yourself.
Hiring a Web Designer
If you decide to go with a web designer, you’ll work directly with them throughout the process and they’ll present you with a series of deliverables (see my process) on which you offer feedback. If you work with me, you can have as much or as little involvement in the design process as you choose, but you’ll have someone with knowledge and experience taking care of the details and guiding the process.
- Who owns the website? Does the Website Builder retain any ownership of the website address or it’s content?
- Every website builder has limitations – what are they for the builder you are looking at?
- Can I move away from the Website builder to another platform? At what cost?
- What is the ongoing annual or monthly cost?
- Does the provider offer a Digital Marketing program that will be customized to meet your needs?
- Is the provider local and will they come to your location to work with you?
- Do they offer training?
- Do they offer support to see any security related questions are addressed?
If you’ve decided to hire a designer, I’d be honored if you’d contact me for a quote. On the other hand, if you have decided you want to try your hand at using a website builder, stay tuned for my comparison of Wix and Squarespace.